Wireless Lan Broadband Router not working?

jimkvg at cia.com jimkvg at cia.com
Sat Aug 25 02:53:14 UTC 2012

Thank you Patrick Asselman,
     When I decided to try my MacBook that I had not been using for a
long while and opened its browser, sure enough it didn't open up.  I
resorted to contacting for a Technical support.  On the box I had to
use magnifier glass to read a phone number.  Then I received the
instruction as following.

   - Turn the cable modem off (first)
   - Turn the router off
   - Leave them off for 2 minutes**
   - Turn the cable modem on (first)
   - Wait until you get a solid cable light on the cable modem (2 minutes)
   - Turn the router on
   - Wait 2 minutes
   - Turn computer on
** If you have a Motorola (Surf Board) modem, leave off for at least 5
minutes.   (same as mine)

    Bingo!  The router worked!  That got me wondering why they didn't
include the instruction above in the guide.  Yes, of course, the
problem had nothing to do with the Ubuntu OS.   Now I am happy.  Thank
you.  Jim

Message: 1