[ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list - clarifications

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Sep 28 14:37:02 UTC 2011

On 28 September 2011 15:25, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> I did not suggest that it was staffed by Canonical employees.
>
> But you cannot deny that it is not under the aegis of, and created by,
> Canonical - hence "Canonical's 'Community Council'".

I can. You can continue to protest otherwise ad nauseum, but that
doesn't make it true.

> Aaah. "..suggested by individuals.." -- who shall, of course, remain
> nameless, eh?

No, but if people actually bothered to click through links when I send
them they'd see who suggested things as it's in the meeting logs.
Granted sometimes it happens in closed mailing lists, but on this
occasion it was in the open. Pretty clear that Mark suggested shutting
the list down.

>>  We
>> discussed it and came to the conclusion (for both lists) on multiple
>> occasions not to shut them down.
> Ce`? But then why was Sounder shutdown?

We discussed these lists on multiple occasions and on some of those
occasions it was decided to not shut them down, on one occasion for
one list it was decided to shut it down.

> However, I don't think that you would make it into the diplomatic corp - and
> I (all of us here actually) are most pleased about this because what you say
> we can take as being non-bullshit even though you try to couch it in such BS
> terms (no offence :-) ).

I am not trying to couch it in any other terms than as I see it.

> "We discussed it and came to the conclusion ( *for* *both* *lists* ) on
> *multiple*
> occasions not to shut them down."
>
> (My emphasis.)

Times and situations change.