KDE and akonadi FIXED

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 02:41:19 UTC 2011

On 09/23/2011 09:49 PM, Craig White wrote:

> Yes, Google (and others) offer web browser based e-mail, calendar,
> contact management, etc. but I tend to view it as a data store with
> mediocre client applications and tend to use client applications that
> suit my workflow, even though I may be using Google's
> e-mail/contact/calendar data store as the backend. (Remember, this all
> started with your gripe about Akonodai&  the mysql backend).

I wouldn't consider Thunderbird mediocre. Works like a charm with our
email and calendar for our group. Then I export that to our website
directly and I update here, it's updated at the group level and then
after a couple of seconds it's on our site for the public. I'll admit it
doesn't pass gas and play Dixie, but it does what I want it to do,
nicely. And it doesn't eat up an entire cpu trying. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html