KDE and akonadi FIXED

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 02:34:55 UTC 2011

On 09/23/2011 09:49 PM, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 16:19 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>>> More to your point though, if you really feel as though you have an
>>> opinion that would be useful for all users, there is bugzilla where
>>> there is a chance those who make the determinations of
>> what/how/where
>>> things are configured might actually read them.
>>
>> Craig, I did a google search and PLENTY of people bitch about having
>> function foisted on them that they don't want since 2009. Besides,
>> most
>> of what they push onto people has become useless cruft when google
>> and
>> their likes offer a universal interface for calendars and address
>> books.
>> I'm afraid they just aren't "relevant" any more, when they won't let
>> you
>> turn off stuff you don't use. That's pretty dictatorial
> ----
> I think you just related a classic case of using something and never
> really knowing why and thus, always misunderstood the woman you were
> sleeping with.
>
> I mean, did you ever go to www.kde.org and look through their various
> tutorials or familiarize yourself with their philosophy for the desktop,
> workflows, integration? Most long-time users make the mistake of
> thinking they already know what the user interface is supposed to be/do
> and maybe never figure out that a lot of effort and execution has gone
> into the various underlying processes that go way beyond an application
> launcher, a bundled file manager and window decorations/behaviors. It's
> not surprising these people won't love KDE-4 and will undoubtedly hate
> whatever the final forms of GNOME-3 and Unity Desktops will bring.

No, I kept thinking it was all a mistake and that it would be fixed...
OK, I tend to stay in bad relationships longer than I should. Guilty.
Ergo, I have wised up finally and now am happy with a desktop that just
wants to be a desktop, not my way of life. It's not easy tossing 13-14
years of use out the door. That old babe was just to much high
maintenance and I'm just a simple country boy. Being slow doesn't make
me stupid. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html