Adobe Viewer Problems

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:32:48 UTC 2011

On 18 October 2011 15:02, Kipton Moravec <kip at kdream.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 13:36 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:

>> > Evince or "Document Viewer" WAS the first thing I tried.
>>
>> And what happened?
>>
>> > If you look at may last paragraph I say "Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS" How
>> > should I specify my version of the distro?
>>
>> Ah, sorry, I missed that. But please, don't get testy, we are trying
>> to help you for free here. Remember that.
>>
>> > I was able to download Adobe 9.0 from the repositories, and it does not
>> > work right. There are 7 files in the portfolio and the reader only lets
>> > me see 1. The version on my Windows XP does see them all.
>>
>> What does it do or not do? Are there any error messages?
>
>> Evince or "Document Viewer" WAS the first thing I tried.
>>
>> And what happened?

>> > I was able to download Adobe 9.0 from the repositories, and it does not
>> > work right. There are 7 files in the portfolio and the reader only lets
>> > me see 1. The version on my Windows XP does see them all.
>>
>> What does it do or not do? Are there any error messages?
>>

> There are 7 files in the portfolio it lets me see only one. The XP Version shows ICONS of each file in the left window, when I select one it opens it up in the right window,
>
> In the Linux version there are no ICONS in the left window, It asks if I want to open the first one only.

(Replied from off-list)

For what it's worth, Google also cannot parse and display the file you
sent me. PDF is revised regularly and can have extensions which can
possibly be platform-specific. It looks to me, from that file, that
you have some PDF version 9 or later files, which only Adobe Reader
has a chance of opening.

Possibly, only Adobe Reader on Windows, in which case, your best bet
would probably be to install the latest version of WINE from the
repositories and see if it will run Adobe Reader 9.x or 10.x for
Windows.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com