Adobe Viewer Problems

Bill Stanley bstanle at wowway.com
Tue Oct 18 15:57:50 UTC 2011

> For what it's worth, Google also cannot parse and display the file you
> sent me. PDF is revised regularly and can have extensions which can
> possibly be platform-specific. It looks to me, from that file, that
> you have some PDF version 9 or later files, which only Adobe Reader
> has a chance of opening.
>
> Possibly, only Adobe Reader on Windows, in which case, your best bet
> would probably be to install the latest version of WINE from the
> repositories and see if it will run Adobe Reader 9.x or 10.x for
> Windows.

Warning!!!

Adobe Flash and Reader have become a haven for viruses.  Make sure that
the reason you can't read it isn't because you are using Linux and the
virus infected PDF file is Windows specific.  I would think twice before
unleashing anything from Adobe on a Windows computer.  I'm not saying
that it is a virus infected PDF file  but the circumstances sound
suspicious.

Bill Stanley