Request to Moderators and others - OT

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon Nov 14 17:36:16 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 11:12 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 16:38, Billie Walsh<bilwalsh at swbell.net>  wrote:
>> If you are a mod and posting a message to chastise someone would it be
>> possible to state in the subject something to effect of "Moderator Message".
>>
>> If your not a moderator - let the moderators handle it and stop posting spam
>> to the list.
>>
>> Thank you for your consideration.
>>

> I am not a mod.
>
> There should never be a reason for a mod or anyone else to chastise
> someone. Even when treated with disrespect, we should respond
> respectfully. That said, we as a community have to keep a certain
> standard and to take it upon ourselves to maintain a constructive
> atmosphere. I do not know about what incident you are referring to,
> but if someone starts posting OT or unconstructive messages I will
> take it upon myself as a community member to let them know that their
> behaviour is unwanted. There are community guidelines for this very
> purpose, to define what is acceptable and what is not.

Dotan, while I respect your knowledge and helpfulness in most all
situations, it's not your job to deal with off topic posters. You, and
many others, that post endless messages chastising someone for posting
something "you" don't approve of are just adding to the spam on the
list. There are list admins whose job it is to deal with such stuff. Let
them do what they are supposed to do. Want to get the list closed down,
keep doing it. Want the list to be available to help all the noobs, like
me, that need help from time to time, let the admins deal with it and
stop spamming the list.

--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb."     - Benjamin Franklin -