[OT] Computers and cold temperatures & lm-sensors

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Sun Nov 13 17:08:49 UTC 2011

>Humidity and static electricity are things I hadn't considered.
>Maybe I should run a small humidifier nearby?

I have to run a room humidifier in the house in winter, or I zap everything
I touch. I've killed a couple of motherboards that way.

The HVAC has a humidifier installed, but it doesn't help.

>So as for thermostatic controls, I've installed lm-sensors and ran
>sensors-detect but the only sensor detected is WInbond W83697HF/F/HG

When you run sensors-detect, do you accept all defaults, but at the end
select Y to have the results entered into the .conf file? (Y is not the
default)

If you enter the motherboard's bios at boot, is there a section that shows
you voltages and temps? Maybe that board lacks proper sensors.