[OT] Computers and cold temperatures & lm-sensors

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Nov 13 14:26:06 UTC 2011

On 11/13/2011 06:58 AM, CJ Tres wrote:
> So as for thermostatic controls, I've installed lm-sensors and ran
> sensors-detect but the only sensor detected is WInbond W83697HF/F/HG
> Super IO sensors and also reports:

I haven't looked but if you google around a bit you probably could find
some electronic circuits that would allow you to build an external
thermostat to control a case fan. A strategically placed thermister and
a small circuit could turn the case fan off and on as needed. Also
possible to rewire the CPU fan and Power supply fans to use an external
circuit.

--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb."     - Benjamin Franklin -