Installed 11.04 on new hardware; no unity. What does it take?

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 2 06:48:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 23:40:45 -0700
"Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:

> None of this has to do with being a moderator, as that job does *not*
> involve sending any mail at all to the list.  Nor do I moderate
> anything based on presence or absence of markup.

It does have to do with being a mod; mods are, whether we/you/they like
it or not, our examples.  Be a good one.  Show the GNUbies how to do right.

That said, do you have an nVidia card in your new(ish) kit?  As Ric
said in another thread, try DLing nvidia-settings and configure that
<sudo>. Don't forget to save your changes!

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs