Installed 11.04 on new hardware; no unity. What does it take?

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 06:57:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Cybe R. Wizard
<cyber_wizard at mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 23:40:45 -0700
> "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> None of this has to do with being a moderator, as that job does *not*
>> involve sending any mail at all to the list.  Nor do I moderate
>> anything based on presence or absence of markup.
>
> It does have to do with being a mod; mods are, whether we/you/they like
> it or not, our examples.  Be a good one.  Show the GNUbies how to do right.
>
> That said, do you have an nVidia card in your new(ish) kit?  As Ric
> said in another thread, try DLing nvidia-settings and configure that
> <sudo>. Don't forget to save your changes!

Nope, it's an MSI Fuzion.  It seems to Just Work(TM).

As for causes, to get HTML I'd have had to click a "Rich formatting"
link, but I wasn't aware of it if I did.  I suppose given the level of
exhaustion I've had during this, an accident may have happened.  If
so, my apologies.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD