Unity ROCKS!!!

Chhatoi Pritam Baral chhatoipritam at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:23:52 UTC 2011

> On the other hand, after I installed to a thumb drive and on the NVidia,
> update/upgrade and installed ubuntu-restricted extras (that's all I did), on
> the same NVidia, it boots to Unity. Bring that thumb drive to the ATI, it
> now boots to gnome2, complaining I do not have the hardware resources to
> boot Unity.

You say *"Installed"*, so, its no longer a Live OS. Upon installation, it
configures its kernel modules as per the config at install time. Also,
further actions as mentioned consolidate that particular configuration with
nVidia. Essentially, it has been taught to use nVidia, not ATI. So when you
boot it into ATI, it loads nVidia-centric graphic modules, thus probably
cutting off some ATI functionality.

Now that you have mentioned it, I wonder what would happen if I remove my
HDD and boot it from another computer, with different configs!

Regards,
Chhatoi Pritam Baral