Unity ROCKS!!!

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Wed May 4 13:47:12 UTC 2011

On 05/04/2011 08:49 PM, Dick Dowdell wrote:
> You're right, Chhatoi. Livecd boots to unity on the ATI, flawlessly.
> On the other hand, on NVidia, it boots to gnome2. Of course, I'm talking
> about livecd and I am using amd64, if that makes any difference.
>
> Thanks, Chhatoi, Nils and Jim.

On the other hand, after I installed to a thumb drive and on the NVidia,
update/upgrade and installed ubuntu-restricted extras (that's all I
did), on the same NVidia, it boots to Unity. Bring that thumb drive to
the ATI, it now boots to gnome2, complaining I do not have the hardware
resources to boot Unity.

But don't worry about it, just figured you might want to know that.

Dhan-wab (thanks) - Goh Lip