Sound problem no speakers

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 16:23:20 UTC 2011

On 03/25/2011 11:46 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 23:19 -0700, Patton Echols wrote:
>
>> Well, I removed PA Chooser, followed with the suggested "autoremoves"
>> suggested, tried alsactrl init (to reset everything.  No joy on reboot.
>> After searching some more I found a number of similar sounding bugs on
>> launchpad.  All ended with something like "fixed in lucid."  Finding
>> nothing else, I filed a bug.  FOr anyone interested, it is Bug #74289.
>> I'll post back if I get a solution.  But still interested if anyone has
>> thoughts.
> That is just plain weird. Does sound work after you reset everything,
> and lose it on reboot every time? Darn strange. Sorry I couldn't help
> ya. What version are you running again?

Lucid, w/ all updates.

> Did you upgrade, and if so, from
> what to what?

IIRC The first install on this box was Karmic.  At least that is the
"CDRom" listed in the system repositories.
> You might have some old un-used alsa cruft (dot-files
> or /etc alsa configuration files) floating around from an earlier
> install. I have none on my 10.4 install, I just checked. No .asoundrc
> files like there used to be. Good luck! Ric

That could be, but in my "travels" looking at this issue I have not
found any suggestions about that as a potential issue or what to look
for.  Any ideas about what might need to be cleaned?

--PE