[OT] Linus Torvalds delays Linux 3.0 launch due to a subtle bug

Ernest Doub hideserted at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:53:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Avi <lists at avi.co> wrote:

> Ernest Doub wrote:
>
> > "Microsoft began contributing Hyper-V code to the Linux kernel two
> > years ago after Linux community members pointed out that Microsoft
> > was violating the GPL software
> > license<
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/23/microsoft_hyperv_gpl_violation/>by
> > using open source components within a Hyper-V driver."
> >
> > More likely, based on this quote, that they would have to dump their
> > entire driver and start over again from scratch.
> > Microsoft has finally been busted for using ideas/code developed by
> > somebody else and claiming as their own proprietary work.
>
> No. They would have to comply with the GPL. Which they did. Two years
> ago.
>
> What has a bug in Linux 3.0 got to do with Microsoft anyway?

Read the entire thread from the beginning and then ask the question again.
I would expect this question form a top posted list.
since the entire point of bottom posting is to put the thread in
chronological order your question is redundant.
ED

--
When Government fears the people there is Liberty.
When People fear the Government there is Tyranny.