Fax as printer in cups

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 01:03:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:48 PM, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
:

> JF> One thing i do after i've set up an app is to 'take screenshot' of
> JF> all settings just to be on the safe side for the future. I can
> JF> post these if that would help with the efax-gtk route.
>
> I would appreciate a copy. I, too, need to use fax - in fact, I needed
> to send one earlier today. My hardware fax is getting impossibly
> flaky, and I'm considering a fax app for Lucid to replace it.

I would strongly urge you to consider a real fax machine, or a
fax-all-in-one printer.  They're both fairly mature technologies that
usually adhere to fax-telephone industry standards, including support
for receiving.

This might just be from the poor taste my fax-modem left in my craw,
but there's no substitute for the real thing.  My two HP a-i-o-fax
printers were both under $50, and I'm pretty sure the first one broke
because of something stupid I did (the scanner feeder quit working on
me and it's just as cheap or cheaper to get a new one as to fix the
old...).