Fax as printer in cups

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Wed Jan 5 00:48:10 UTC 2011

Hello James,

Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 1:07:19 PM, James wrote:

>>> Much better to just buy a serial hardware modem which i found
>>> worked immediately and cost little more than £5 - new on ebay (i
>>> bought two to be on the safe side!).

Was this with Lucid perchance? Lucid supports serial ports OK? Can the
modem/efax-gtk combo recognize incoming faxes and answer only those,
and not regular calls?

JF> One thing i do after i've set up an app is to 'take screenshot' of
JF> all settings just to be on the safe side for the future. I can
JF> post these if that would help with the efax-gtk route.

I would appreciate a copy. I, too, need to use fax - in fact, I needed
to send one earlier today. My hardware fax is getting impossibly
flaky, and I'm considering a fax app for Lucid to replace it.

If you think it would excessively inflame the non-fax-users on the
list, please send it privately. :-)

Thanks,

 rikona