Trying to Load Ubuntu 11.04 onto HP Laptop. Failed at reboot

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 29 19:39:36 UTC 2011

On 08/29/2011 05:21 AM, Peter Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hi Peter again!!
>
> Have uploaded file to paste bin at   http://paste.ubuntu.com/677172/
>
> However the following issue arose during execution:
>
> "gawk" could not be found, using "busybox awk" instead.
> This may lead to unreliable results.
>
> It then went onto indentifying MBR's
>
> Trust this helps
> Peter

You have multiple mount points defined:
================================ Mount points:
=================================

Device           Mount_Point              Type       Options

/dev/loop0       /rofs                    squashfs   (ro,noatime)
/dev/sda1        /media/091d6464-45e1-4ddf-9a2b-eb84f9e2acb0 ext4
(rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=udisks)
/dev/sr0         /cdrom                   iso9660    (ro,noatime)

And I think that's the issue. Perhaps Goh or Tom can help you sort those
out.

Typical should be similar to the one in my pastebin that I posted:
================================ Mount points:
=================================

Device           Mount_Point              Type       Options

/dev/sda1        /media/windows           fuseblk
(rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,blksize=512)
/dev/sdb1        /                        ext4
(rw,errors=remount-ro,commit=0)

for a dual drive dual boot. And for a single drive (even with multiple
OS's):

================================ Mount points:
=================================

Device           Mount_Point              Type       Options

/dev/sda1        /                        ext4
(rw,errors=remount-ro,commit=0)

Note: last could be any /dev/sda(x) - on my HP laptop I have it on
/dev/sda5.

Your fstab is looking for / on /dev/sda1:

#
# Use 'blkid -o value -s UUID' to print the universally unique identifier
# for a device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name
# devices that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
proc            /proc           proc    nodev,noexec,nosuid 0       0
/dev/sda1       /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1
# swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=13410db4-fb30-4d24-8f5c-9093f9397849 none            swap    sw
          0       0