GIMP problems

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Mon Aug 29 19:02:14 UTC 2011

>I am running GIMP 2.6 on my Maverick partition...and for the
>past several months the file selector (open file) seems to lockup
>more often than not.

The program would be scanning drives at that point, so this indicates that
gimp is having a problem with a drive or volume.

For example, it could be trying to read a network share that no longer
exists. Or it can't find a drive because it no longer exists, or partition
that's now a different /dev.

Since you mentioned a Maverick partition, I assume you multi boot. Is one
drive or partition formatted with NTFS, or some other file system not native
to Ubuntu?

There's nothing in gimp's logs?