thanks fedora

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 26 08:58:45 UTC 2010

On 26 September 2010 09:45, Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 11:51:21PM +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
>> Robert Holtzman wrote:
>> >
>> > How do you know it's still mounted?
>>
>> Please read again the question you quoted. It was not suggested that
>> something was still mounted but the question was why the light is still
>> on. That are two totally different things.
>
> Check out his posts starting Sep 22. He was talking about the
> light saying on after clicking Unmount in Places -> Computer
> and /home??!!?? I wanted him to verify that the drive was unmounted.

This is a classic case of not typing quite what was meant causing
misunderstanding which develops quite accidentally into a slanging
match.  You asked the question 'How do you know that it's still
mounted' when I think what you meant was 'Do you know whether it is
still mounted' or something similar.  This sent the OP down completely
the wrong path.

>> > Do you even know how to find out?

Though I must admit that is a strange way of phrasing the question,
and appears to imply some sort of incompetence in the OP.

Perhaps you were just having a bad day.

Colin