thanks fedora

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Sun Sep 26 08:45:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 11:51:21PM +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Robert Holtzman wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 07:39:24PM +0530, Tanmoy Chatterjee wrote:
> > > Thanks for your enlightening remarks - .exe => windows executable -
> > > now I know, but I don't get my answer of why the PD keeps
> > > displaying light even after the selection of unmount option in
> > > Ubuntu 9.04.
> >
> > How do you know it's still mounted?
>
> Please read again the question you quoted. It was not suggested that
> something was still mounted but the question was why the light is still
> on. That are two totally different things.

Check out his posts starting Sep 22. He was talking about the
light saying on after clicking Unmount in Places -> Computer
and /home??!!?? I wanted him to verify that the drive was unmounted.

> > Do you even know how to find out?
>
> Who cares? That was not the question.

*I* would care. Don't know about you but if I ran into that problem I
would want to see if the drive was mounted. If it wasn't it *might*
occur to me that it was only a  power indicator, Meet with your approval?

> > To sum up, it looks like you have a lot of homework to do.
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Can you elaborate? What type of homework do you suggest? Instead of
> answering RTFM, please at least point to TFM.

I didn't tell him to RTFM because I doubt there is an FM that covers
this but he could have run a search on the problem and checked out the
manufacturer's web site for any support. You know this better than I. I
saw no indication of any research thus the homework comment.

> You seem to know
> everything about the subject

I never said that nor did I imply it.

> - can you please explain why the light is
> still on after unmounting the drive? I can confirm that a USB drive
> still gets power after unmounting it, but I also don't know the reason.

Me either. Again, I neither said I did nor did I imply I did.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279