thanks fedora

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Sep 25 21:51:21 UTC 2010

Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 07:39:24PM +0530, Tanmoy Chatterjee wrote:
> > Thanks for your enlightening remarks - .exe => windows executable -
> > now I know, but I don't get my answer of why the PD keeps
> > displaying light even after the selection of unmount option in
> > Ubuntu 9.04.
>
> How do you know it's still mounted?

Please read again the question you quoted. It was not suggested that
something was still mounted but the question was why the light is still
on. That are two totally different things.

> Do you even know how to find out?

Who cares? That was not the question.

> To sum up, it looks like you have a lot of homework to do.

Can you elaborate? What type of homework do you suggest? Instead of
answering RTFM, please at least point to TFM. You seem to know
everything about the subject - can you please explain why the light is
still on after unmounting the drive? I can confirm that a USB drive
still gets power after unmounting it, but I also don't know the reason.
And yes, I do know how to find out if something is mounted or not.
Compare that to Windows where if you unmount a USB drive (actually it is
called something like "safely remove" there) the power gets switched
off, i.e. the light goes off.

Nils