hi

Parshwa Murdia ubuntu.bkn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 17:11:44 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Deryl R. Doucette <david at pgpkeys.net> wrote:

Parsha, just remember that you can only have 4 *primary* partitions.

Okay but my name is 'Parshwa'.

This means that one primary partition will need to actually be an
> extended partition inside which you make logical partitions. Ubuntu will
> take care of the extended partition creation if you tell it that the
> partition you want to make is a logical. I would suggest 2 or 3
> *logical* partitions such as the following scheme:
>
> / on a logical
> /home on a logical
> swap on a logical

Its really good to know but as I would be doing this first time (I am
extremely new for understanding partitions), I would just replace the
existing Linux system (Fedora Core 11) and I hope it would itself take care
of it. Am I true?
--
Regards,
Parshwa Murdia