Disturbed display

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 09:47:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 31/10/2010 04:22, H.S.Rai wrote:
>>
>> http://picasaweb.google.com/hardeep.rai/Temp#5533887133561490434
>>
>> What could be issue, and how to resolve it?
>
> I find this happens to me on my Desktop and it happens, I suspect, as
> the result of not having enough RAM and/or cpu power to render the
> graphics when some application is also grabbing the cpu. With me it
> almost always Firefox which has such "stripped" graphics

My FireFox is OK.

<snip>
> What happens if you refresh the page when those "strips" appear?

How to refresh?

> What
> could be hogging your cpu (if using Gnome, System>Administration>System
> Monitor)?

Nothing. If I use only FireFox and OpenOffice, System Monitor says: 30
to 40 % CPU, RAM 20% (of 2 GB), 0% swap and OpenOffice give disturbed
display. If I quit FireFox, run Chromium, CPU is 30%, RAM remain
almost same, and OpenOffice does not show any problem.

So, now I appears that culprit is FireFox :-(

--
H.S.Rai