Not a desperately urgent request but a quick solution would be very nice - it's about a Biorhythm program

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 17:36:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 17:34 -0700, rikona wrote:
> Hello Basil,
>
> Friday, October 29, 2010, 6:00:28 AM, Basil wrote:
>
> BC> Does anyone know of a Biorhythm program which will install and run
> BC> easily on Ubuntu (10.04 or 10.10)? No VMs or VBs or Wines - just
> BC> normal Ubuntu.
>
> Even if you find one, don't bother to run it, assuming it's the 'birth
> date' type. In tests many years ago, it was shown to have no
> statistical validity. Now, if you want to take personal data, analyze
> it for statistically valid cycles, that's a go. That DOES have a good
> chance of working.
>
> BC> I've searched the 'net but cannot readily find anything which
> BC> stands out and which may actually work in Ubuntu.
>
> The 'birthday' one only 'works' for True Believers who disregard
> science - on any computer. :-)
>
> BC> Many thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Forget it, maybe? :-)

As a gag, with several friends near by, I tried to run the
Apple ][ version of Bio Rhythm on the supposed crucifixion date of Jesus
Christ. It showed all 3 cycles peaked and then my computer froze solid.
Then, at a restaurant show in Houston, I was printing out charts for
free as a "come-on". One lady came up and asked me to run a date for
her. It came up with all three cycles low. I remarked someone had a bad
day! The lady took the chart and walked off. Her friend came over and
whispered that her son committed suicide on that day. I didn't dink with
it again, after that. Strange, you bet. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256