Not a desperately urgent request but a quick solution would be very nice - it's about a Biorhythm program

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 31 05:10:38 UTC 2010

On 31/10/2010 04:36, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 17:34 -0700, rikona wrote:
>
>> Hello Basil,
>>
>> Friday, October 29, 2010, 6:00:28 AM, Basil wrote:
>>
>> BC>  Does anyone know of a Biorhythm program which will install and run
>> BC>  easily on Ubuntu (10.04 or 10.10)? No VMs or VBs or Wines - just
>> BC>  normal Ubuntu.
>>
>> Even if you find one, don't bother to run it, assuming it's the 'birth
>> date' type. In tests many years ago, it was shown to have no
>> statistical validity. Now, if you want to take personal data, analyze
>> it for statistically valid cycles, that's a go. That DOES have a good
>> chance of working.
>>
>> BC>  I've searched the 'net but cannot readily find anything which
>> BC>  stands out and which may actually work in Ubuntu.
>>
>> The 'birthday' one only 'works' for True Believers who disregard
>> science - on any computer. :-)
>>
>> BC>  Many thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>> Forget it, maybe? :-)
>>
> As a gag, with several friends near by, I tried to run the
> Apple ][ version of Bio Rhythm on the supposed crucifixion date of Jesus
> Christ. It showed all 3 cycles peaked and then my computer froze solid.
> Then, at a restaurant show in Houston, I was printing out charts for
> free as a "come-on". One lady came up and asked me to run a date for
> her. It came up with all three cycles low. I remarked someone had a bad
> day! The lady took the chart and walked off. Her friend came over and
> whispered that her son committed suicide on that day. I didn't dink with
> it again, after that. Strange, you bet. :) Ric

I am not too sure if you are being serious or being frivolous here.

Have you read the book Biorhythm by Bernard Gittelson, ISBN 0 7088 1365
8 ? If you get the chance do so.

BC

--
"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."
                                         Confucius