Should gnome-keyring-daemon pick up my login password and use it?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Oct 23 13:09:10 UTC 2010

I used to have gnome-keyring-daemon (or at least I think it was that)
set up so that it automatically used my login password to unlock the ssh
keys so that I didn't have to enter my password a second time.

Now it always asks for my password (with a pop-up box) the first time I
do something that needs to unlock my ssh keys.

This is on a 10.04 system, I think I lost the automatic use of password
when I upgraded from 9.10 but I'm not absolutely sure about that.

It's not a big problem but it's an annoying niggle.

--
Chris Green