new to Ubuntu

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 09:00:03 UTC 2010

Den 2010-10-17 04:56:51 skrev chiaowl <chiaowl at owly.net>:

> [...]

I never understood the point by installing the netbook remix. I have an
old Eee PC 900 and I installed the standard Ubuntu on it and it works just
fine and I can use it exactly the same way as I use Ubuntu on my ”big”
laptop. I don't even think that the Netbook remix is lighter than the
standard version. I installed the Netbook remix a couple of years ago, and
maybe things happened since then, but as I remember it I was very annoyed
by the GUI so the first thing I did was to uninstall all the Neetbook
remix stuff, making it look like the standard Ubuntu.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg