Upgrading from 10.04.1 to Maverick 10.10 <TID>

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 14 09:02:15 UTC 2010

On 14/10/2010 18:01, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 16:38 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

[pruned]

>>> <snarks>   Can you switch output from your speakers to your headset ON THE
>>> FLY?? I think not. Take that...<pfffffs>   Ric
>>>

>> Yep.
>>
>> No problemo.
>>
>> I simply plug in the headset and....Voila!
>>
>> (Take THAT, put it in your pipe and smoke it!
>>
>> These kids always think they know everything.....
>>
>> You have seen "Grumpy Old Men", right? :-) .)
>>
> Methinks you mean you plug your headset, via a stereo mini-plug, into
> your speakers directly so it electro-mechanically connects the headset
> and disconnects the speakers, huh??<snarks>

And....so?

I switch from speakers to headset on the fly (and vice-versa) - just as
you triumphantly claimed to be able to do with with that <yuk>
pulseaudio thingie.

AND I don't have to first install Ubuntu and THEN Kubuntu to get MY
audio working. All I do is install Ubuntu and get rid of pulseaudio and
install alsamixergui (although I believe I don't really have to do this
- running alsamixer is sufficient).

Phfffftt!

:-D

>   I AM a Grumpy Old Man.

Of course you are.... you softy you.... :-D .

("He's taking One-eyed to the Optometrist!" :-D .)

BC

--

There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation.
                          W C Fields