Upgrading from 10.04.1 to Maverick 10.10 <TID>

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 07:01:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 16:38 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 14/10/2010 15:20, Ric Moore wrote:

> >> I am LIVID! Whoever uploaded that cut the whole thing short! The full
> >> version is 13:41 long - and without the end bit it loses some of its
> >> essential charm/meaning!
> >>
> >> And Gypsy Man is an abomination! Not only is the original 11:45 long but
> >> it is also recorded at a slower speed whereas the one on YouTube has
> >> been speeded up and now sounds tinny.
> >>
> >> Even The world is a Ghetto is 10:21 long and not the 8:54 on YuToob.
> >>
> >> Bah!

> >> And with no pulseaudio anywhere in sight, I just played the originals of
> >> the above on MY 5.1 using only alsa.....so there.
> >>
> > <snarks>  Can you switch output from your speakers to your headset ON THE
> > FLY?? I think not. Take that...<pfffffs>  Ric
> >

> Yep.
>
> No problemo.
>
> I simply plug in the headset and....Voila!
>
> (Take THAT, put it in your pipe and smoke it!
>
> These kids always think they know everything.....
>
> You have seen "Grumpy Old Men", right? :-) .)

Methinks you mean you plug your headset, via a stereo mini-plug, into
your speakers directly so it electro-mechanically connects the headset
and disconnects the speakers, huh?? <snarks> I AM a Grumpy Old Man. Me
knows what alsa will do and won't do, by itself, without something like
asound.gtk I think it was before they ripped the lungs out of it, or I'd
still be using it. <pfffffffs> Ric

p/s It's still in the repos! That hasn't worked since Karmic that I know
of.

Linux user# 44256