No easy mounting of nfs shares (Maverick)

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:24:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 12:24 +0200, Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> Oh, and (to all that read this) please don't start a big flame war about what
> I just said - my question was about finding a good way to mount/umount nfs
> shares on the GUI (once set up, the KDE 3 desktop made this possible with one
> mouse click, so I'm a little unhappy to have to use the command line or write
> scripts because I'm a lazy guy :)
>
> Thierry

He's completely correct. It IS strange that it will automagically want
to set up Samba shares to some stinkin' Winders machine, but not another
Linux boxen via NFS. I noticed that over a week ago, while setting up
IAM for Mom's Machine... which I resolved with a hand edit. No biggie,
but it made me go Hmmmmmm.

I have both Gnome and KDE, and both have the same behavior. Maybe it is
assumed that the world being connected to, with a gui, is only to
Windows? Die-hard Linux-only users can handle hand edits, right? :) Ric

Linux user# 44256