No Sound :(

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 07:49:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 2:35 AM, Nathan Bahn <nathan.bahn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au>wrote:
> Go to the extreme far right of the displayed settings and activate
> "Audigy Analog Ouput Jack" - that is, make the two "loudspeaker" icons
> at the top go from white to grey (by clicking on the entry). This will
> activate the jack. You should now have full sound.
>
> While you are in alsamixergui you may want to fiddle with the rest of
> the settings to get the volumes up or down, whatever.
>

> I DO NOT KNOW JUST WHAT IT IS THAT I AM DOING WRONG.
>
> The Alsamixergui has only two sets of bars -- one marked "Master" and the
> other "Capture" -- on the left.
>
> In the Volume Control screen the Output Devices tab shows something
> playing; the Playback tab shows Rhythm Box playing something, but that same
> tab does not show anything playing in "ALSA Plug-in [plugin-container]: ALSA
> playback"
>
> OBVIOUSLY, I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG.  :-(
>

> --N.B.

B.C.--

I am grasping at straws here, but maybe the computer is missing an ALSA
component.  I just went through the Synaptic Package Manager, and anything
that looked ALSA-related and SEEMED like it might be useful -- there were a
bunch of hardware-specific packages -- I marked for downloading.  It will
take fifteen minutes to download; I'll report the results.....

--N.B.