No Sound :(

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 07:35:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
Go to the extreme far right of the displayed settings and activate
"Audigy Analog Ouput Jack" - that is, make the two "loudspeaker" icons
at the top go from white to grey (by clicking on the entry). This will
activate the jack. You should now have full sound.

While you are in alsamixergui you may want to fiddle with the rest of
the settings to get the volumes up or down, whatever.

I DO NOT KNOW JUST WHAT IT IS THAT I AM DOING WRONG.

The Alsamixergui has only two sets of bars -- one marked "Master" and the
other "Capture" -- on the left.

In the Volume Control screen the Output Devices tab shows something playing;
the Playback tab shows Rhythm Box playing something, but that same tab does
not show anything playing in "ALSA Plug-in [plugin-container]: ALSA
playback"

OBVIOUSLY, I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG.  :-(

--N.B.