Background changes...

Larry larryesu at charter.net
Sat Jul 17 18:17:22 UTC 2010

On 07/17/2010 12:49 PM, Pete Vander Giessen wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Larry<larryesu at charter.net>  wrote:
>
>> *First off, what I would like to do is to find out how can I stop my
>> background screen from switching, rather than too keep what I want...
>>
> Hi Larry,
>
> Are you using the collection of NASA space images as the background?
> That's a set of wallpapers that is specifically meant to switch up
> every few minutes.
>
> If you want to use just one image, you probably need to track that
> image down, and set is as your background manually.  I'm not on my
> Ubuntu box at the moment -- does anybody know where on the disk those
> images are stored, so that we can give Larry some pointers on finding
> them, and using just the one he wants?
>
> ~PeteVG
>
> " ... the original aphorism being 'In comparison with the ancients, we
> stand like dwarfs on the shoulders of giants.' The image was a
> commonplace by the time Newton used it, his one contribution being to
> erase any sense that he himself might be a dwarf."
>
> ~ Lewis Hyde

*Hello Lewis,

Nope I am not using the collection of NASA space images, but I do not
know actually where I got them from, or where
they are, for I looked in my home directory, in the wallpaper images
that I have and none show what is being showed
on the main screen...
So I am at a lost to figure out where they are coming from, also when I
go to system>preference> Appearance, they are not
even in that group either...

So how will I or how can I find out where they are located, and how to
turn off that feature...???

I am also using Ultimate Edidtion 2.6 here...

Thanks for the reply...

Larry
*