Background changes...

Pete Vander Giessen petevg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 17:49:35 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Larry <larryesu at charter.net> wrote:
> *First off, what I would like to do is to find out how can I stop my
> background screen from switching, rather than too keep what I want...

Hi Larry,

Are you using the collection of NASA space images as the background?
That's a set of wallpapers that is specifically meant to switch up
every few minutes.

If you want to use just one image, you probably need to track that
image down, and set is as your background manually.  I'm not on my
Ubuntu box at the moment -- does anybody know where on the disk those
images are stored, so that we can give Larry some pointers on finding
them, and using just the one he wants?

~PeteVG

" ... the original aphorism being 'In comparison with the ancients, we
stand like dwarfs on the shoulders of giants.' The image was a
commonplace by the time Newton used it, his one contribution being to
erase any sense that he himself might be a dwarf."

~ Lewis Hyde