Evolution mail unstable, please switch to Thunderbird for the next release...

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 20:19:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 16:02, K V <vale.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry to say, as awesome as Evolution could be, I too get frequent
> crashes and freezes.  Same scenario, with one SIGNIFICANT exception - I am
> forced to use the Exchange MAPI plugin to synchronize with the central IT
> Exchange 2007 server.  Yes, I have to use MAPI, because our division relies
> heavily on Outlook's calendaring and scheduling tools, along with interfaces
> to Sharepoint (shudder - I have to maintain it).  So, yes, I do have to have
> MAPI.  Unfortunately, the client hangs at least a couple of times an hour or
> requires a restart to enable mailbox synchronisation so I can re-enter my
> password because for some reason the password is not being authenticated..
> actually, I'll give a brief synopsis:

See, now this makes me wonder if it's not Evolution w' remote
mailboxes that's the real issue.  I don't use Evolution and POP3, as I
imagine the majority of people here are doing, I'm hitting two IMAP
servers and doing IMAP actions on both, all folders and mail are
stored remotely, and the filters run on them that way, all I download
is headers or copies of messages when I read them.

I don't have a POP server that gets enough / any mail to make it
useful as a control subject.

Meh... I should really just switch back to Pine/Fetchmail and run my
own mail server.  Even IF that means back to procmail recipe
creation...