Printing emails from Evolution

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 21:37:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 17:39 +0100, Andrew wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 23:15 +0100, Tony Pursell wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 19:13 +0100, Andrew wrote:
> > > I'm running karmic (ubuntu 9.10) with Evolution 2.28.1 and am having
> > > problems printing emails - eg flight tickets from e-bookings. My
> > > printers (HP colour laserjet 3500 and deskjet 1120C) appear to be
> > > installed correctly and print OK from other applications, but apparently
> > > refuse to respond to requests to print emails. Has anybody else
> > > experienced this problem and any suggestions for solution please?
> > >
> > > Andy
> > >

> > I don't have any problems printing from Evolution.  Does File > Print
> > Preview work? I have the latest update of Evolution (2.28.3).
> >
> > Are there any error messages?  Do you get the Print dialogue?
> >
> > Tony
>
> Everything appears to be normal with no error messages. The job goes
> into the printer queue (Document Print Status), which gives the status
> as 'processing'. But then nothing happens and the job is never printed!
> It could be that this is a problem with the printer itself, but it seems
> absolutely fine with other applications.
>
> Andy

'Processing...' shows that the printer was accepting work and the job
has been sent to the printer.  So it is possibly a printer problem.  Is
it all emails that don't print?  If you choose 'Preview' in the Print
Dialog, does it seem OK?

Both printers are supported, especially the 1120C, see:-

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-Color_LaserJet_3500
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-DeskJet_1120C

Tony