Printing emails from Evolution

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 5 17:04:40 UTC 2010

On 07/05/2010 09:39 AM, Andrew wrote:
> Everything appears to be normal with no error messages. The job goes
> into the printer queue (Document Print Status), which gives the status
> as 'processing'. But then nothing happens and the job is never printed!
> It could be that this is a problem with the printer itself, but it seems
> absolutely fine with other applications.

I had a similar problem printing a 20Mb set of photos from Picasa the
other day. Let it set on 'Processing' for over 20 minutes. Even tried
restarting cups ('sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart') - nothing. I then
turned off the printer and turned it back on & the print job went
through. Not sure what happened as I had to get the photos printed for
the mail & didn't have time to look in the logs to check.