Printing emails from Evolution

Andrew andy.allen at virgin.net
Mon Jul 5 16:39:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 23:15 +0100, Tony Pursell wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 19:13 +0100, Andrew wrote:
> > I'm running karmic (ubuntu 9.10) with Evolution 2.28.1 and am having
> > problems printing emails - eg flight tickets from e-bookings. My
> > printers (HP colour laserjet 3500 and deskjet 1120C) appear to be
> > installed correctly and print OK from other applications, but apparently
> > refuse to respond to requests to print emails. Has anybody else
> > experienced this problem and any suggestions for solution please?
> >
> > Andy
> >

> I don't have any problems printing from Evolution.  Does File > Print
> Preview work? I have the latest update of Evolution (2.28.3).
>
> Are there any error messages?  Do you get the Print dialogue?
>
> Tony

Everything appears to be normal with no error messages. The job goes
into the printer queue (Document Print Status), which gives the status
as 'processing'. But then nothing happens and the job is never printed!
It could be that this is a problem with the printer itself, but it seems
absolutely fine with other applications.

Andy