best/easiest commandline email program for mass-email

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:45:06 UTC 2010

Hmmm, not sure because its been a long time.  If I remember from
school and back when I used RHL there was a command-line program
called Pine.  I think, damn pesky memories getting jumbled up in old
age.  I "think" I recall it being able to do stuff like this, maybe.

It also sounds like no one specific package will do what you are
wanting.  To make "personalized" emails for a huge list is something
that a custom program would be used for unless one already exists for
this purpose.

Perl is best suited for doing this.  It can be used to format the
messages, which is easy since Perl was created for text manipulation,
and it has modules for accessing databases to get a list of names &
addresses, and to interface with the mail daemon.

You may have to hire a Perl Guru to do this.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1