best/easiest commandline email program for mass-email

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Wed Jan 27 20:09:46 UTC 2010

I must send personalized email to our clients, about 2500.  So I figured
on putting together each with a shell script and then sending the file
with a commandline email program.  I was looking for suggestions on what
might be the best package to install for this.  I have seen a suggestion
for a program called "mail", but I can't figure out what package to
install to get it.  I looked at the list presented by Synaptic, but
there's a boat load of programs related to email.

If anyone has done this sort of thing, I'd sure appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
Alex
-Ubuntu 9.10 on several computers since version 5.04

--
Ourwoods.org
 Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (275)