Beginner Q1: Linux incapable of handling FDD? CONCLUDED

Thomas Blasejewicz thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp
Tue Jan 19 01:29:50 UTC 2010

Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
>> The PC I currently use for Linux is listed as well compatible: hp
>> notebook nx9005, 768MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, Athlon CPU 2.2 GHz (or
>> something like that).
That is also what I get under "System -> System administration -> System
monitor"
The PC has a built-in FDD and a CDD.
This is not a netdrive.

I downloaded (twice) the live-CD version (Japanese) of the official site
and burnt (twice) the image on a CD.
(which does not work with this PC. It does not start and I cannot
install from it. BIOS IS set to boot from CD. When I put the same CD
into one of my other computers it works fine)

Thomas