Beginner Q1: Linux incapable of handling FDD? CONCLUDED

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 20:08:15 UTC 2010

Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen さんは書きました:
>> Again you were asked 3 times about your computer and now we know IT is
>> the problem! Either try Ubuntu on your good new computer, or stop
>> complaining to this list.
>>
>> 73 Karl
>>
> I still seem to bother people.
> The PC I currently use for Linux is listed as well compatible: hp
> notebook nx9005, 768MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, Athlon CPU 2.2 GHz (or something
> like that).

	You can only buy today a used nx9005 so it must be a few
years old. With Ubuntu netbooks are not good platforms. These
portable devices are very much pointed at a particular windows
version like Vista.

	Ubuntu might run on the nx9005 but it will not be happy with
just 768MB of ram. It prefers a mb or more.

	Did you try a Ubuntu liveCD and guess not because you have no
cd-rom reader do you? How did you get Linix on this netdrive?

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User