basic - continued

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Sun Feb 7 15:22:58 UTC 2010

Hi

> Actually it's not so silly because I was attempted to emphasise the lack
> of backward compatibility that Microsoft seems to delight in.

You have it the wrong way around. Backwards compatibility would mean the latest MS office can open older word formats, which it can. What you are calling wrongly backwards compatibility is actually forwards compatibility, or future proofing - Asking that a 6 year old application can open a format only released in recent years. Not the same thing.

> In
> addition, I also wanted to point out that Open Office is much more
> flexible and accommodating than its MS counterpart

Yeah, a 6 year old application isn't as good as an up to date one. No surprise there ...