basic - continued

Rafiq Hajat ipi.malawi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 22:39:45 UTC 2010

> 6) Try opening a docx file with Word 2003 and you'll run into new
levels
> of frustration, but try doing the same with the OO Word processor and
> you'll be pleasantly surprised. There is a marked lack of backward
> compatibility in Microsoft products, which militates against parts of
> the world who do not have ready access to latest releases.

Sorry, I'm no windows fan but this is a silly comparison. Word 2003 was
released *before* docx came out, so it is completely unfair to compare
it to presumably the latest version of the OO Word processor, which has
had time to learn the docx format... Come on.

Chris

Actually it's not so silly because I was attempted to emphasise the lack
of backward compatibility that Microsoft seems to delight in. In
addition, I also wanted to point out that Open Office is much more
flexible and accommodating than its MS counterpart

Rafiq Hajat
Executive Director,
The Institute for Policy Interaction
P. O. Box E14, Post Dot Net ,