RFC, submission: ubuntu technical moderated list

Odd iodine at runbox.no
Fri Feb 5 17:54:40 UTC 2010

Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
> On 05-02-10 05:04, Christopher Chan wrote:
>
>> What I find most amusing is why would you even want a mailing list that
>> is ONLY technical support for an operating system. This issue of people
>> wanting to talk about Ubuntu has come up so often I believe
>
> and thats why we have sounder at lists.ubuntu.com. We don't need a new
> private list for that either.

I quit the Sounder list after it was pointed out that not even that
list was suitable for the off topic chatter happening here.

'Sounder was the original "insiders" list when we started Ubuntu. The
goal of the list was to have a forum to bounce ideas around about the
whole project. We have ambitious goals, and we wanted a place where
good thinking could happen.'

That was Mark Shuttleworth's words about the list, late 2009.

--
Odd