usb universal drive adaptor

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:18:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 15:04, Steve <yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 19:59:37 -0000, Linda <haniganwork at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Just wondering has anyone used a USB universal drive adaptor to retrieve
>> info from an old hard drive with Ubuntu? Mac and windows are listed but
>> nothing on Linux in the specs. If it works it looks like a handy tool to
>> have around so you don't have to mess with opening up a good computer to
>> read the drive from a failed computer.
>>                          Thanks
>>                           Linda
>>
> USB universal drive adaptor ?
>
> Like this http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=185760&partner=froogle
>
> Ubuntu just sees it as an USB drive - very useful device indeed.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Sata-HDD-Docking-Station/dp/B0012Z3MKW

I've been using that one for a while on systems with several different
Linux distros and it works well.  Let me convert a stack of SATA disks
I wasn't using to something useful, and as has been said before, they
show up like any other USB drive.

Cheers,

Jeff
--

Jonathan Swift  - "May you live every day of your life." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html