usb universal drive adaptor

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:16:43 UTC 2010

Linda wrote:
> Just wondering has anyone used a usb universal drive adaptor to retrieve
> infor from an old hard drive with ubuntu? Mac and windows are listed but
> nothing on Linux in the specs. If it works it looks like a handy tool to
> have around so you don't have to mess with opening up a good computer to
> read the drive from a failed computer.
>                          Thanks
>                           Linda

	Hi Linda, I had a hard drive that still ran but you could not
get it to boot up.

	I booted up on a liveCD and I used dd to copy all from the
bad HD to a partition on my good HD. Took about an hour but
when done I had almost all of the bad HD on the good HD. It
was a success.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI