Correcting users

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 1 04:45:11 UTC 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 23:53:03 +0100
Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> Patton Echols wrote:
> > Is "RTFM" an ad hominem attack?  ;-)
>
> One could argue that RTFM implies that the other person hasn't done
> the necessary research. While that may be true, it is usually not
> obvious.
>

> Nils

I think there are a lot of thin skins here.  Nothing that occurs here
is an attack.  It is only an opinion, even if worded strongly.  At most
it is /personally/ offensive wording of a message.  What offends you
may not offend me.  Deal with that.

I cannot hit you with my words.  This fact is borne out by law in most
places; a verbal assault is /not/ equal to a physical attack.

Get over it.  Some people disagree.  Others give out bogus advice.

A person who repeatedly posts erroneous advice /should/ be dealt with
by the community harshly; they harm the community as a whole.

Those who disagree should, of course, take it to sounder.   ;-]

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326
Registered Ubuntu User # 2136