Installing WIcd Using Ubuntu CD After NM Quit

steve reilly sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 1 01:46:18 UTC 2010

Leonard wrote:
  The crick in my neck says I've been fighting to get wicd
> installed for about 3 hours.

i definately know that feeling.....  not fun..

  Would someone please tell me how to
> install a package using the Karmic alt CD of from a booted up Karmic
> using the alt CD with SS ticked to use the CD. Maybe need both for the
> benefit of new users and old ones like me who still has a lot to
> learn-:o) Many thanks,

this is an educated guess.... ive never had to install from the cdrom
other than the first install........it appears you may still have the
sources ticked for "download from the internet" above the cdrom option.
  if thats true, try unchecking those sources and anything that has to
do with the net first before trying to use the cdrom source.  post back
with your findings.

steve